Tricky Words Flashcards (Sight Words) – First Grade
LEARN TRICKY WORDS FOR KIDS
This pack of Tricky Word Flashcards has been created to make learning frequently used Tricky Words easy and fun! Simply designed and split into three groups featuring Happy Little Doers’ signature range of fun learning activities.
Tricky Words, also known as ‘Common Exception’ or ‘Red Words’, are those that do not follow the recognised phonetic spelling rules. Many of these Tricky Words are frequently used in day-to-day life, so it’s essential for children to learn these in order to become fluent readers.
The Tricky Word (1st Grade) pack is split into 4 groups. Each card belongs to one of these three groups, indicated with a corresponding number of red dots. Once your child has mastered each word within the first group, practise those in the second and third groups. Repetition is key in learning Tricky Words, so be sure to go back and revisit each group. The activities included are designed to make learning these words fun!
- 64 Tricky Words
- Easy-to-read font
- Simple activities to engage and encourage learning
- A6 double-sided cards on thick durable FSC paper stock
- Rounded corners for little hands
- Teacher approved
- 100% Plastic-free
- Designed and made in the UK
- Size: About 4" x 6"
- 3 years +
- We recommend that children 3 years and under should be supervised when using our flashcards. Cards and packaging should not be chewed or sucked on, doing so may result in small parts causing a choking hazard.
- The cards are printed on FSC durable paper stock, with a matt laminated finish so they can be wiped clean. The rounded edges making them safe and perfect for little hands. The ink used is 100% eco-friendly and entirely plant-based, manufactured from renewable sources. Designed and made in the UK.
Children are born ready, able and eager to learn. That’s why these ‘Learn by Doing’ number flashcards have been designed to ensure your little one can reach their full potential. Count all the way to 110, do simple sums and learn to associate the numbers with the words and numbers with the dots.
These hands-on cards are ideal to help preschoolers and early years to learn their numbers, boost confidence, and develop more understanding about simple sums.